Monday, December 2, 2013

Life: Paths

Paths.


As we live life, there are parallel universes that run along side our current universe. I'm not talking about a physical universe, but a hypothetical universe, and everybody explores these universes in their minds by asking "what if" or saying "I should have".

Life takes us places, which are all defined by our choices, lifestyles, and our situations. What if I had done better or worse in high school? I could have been on my way to being a lawyer, or.. I could be at QUT, or Griffith, which would have changed so much. The people I wouldn't have met, the friends I wouldn't have made, the experiences I wouldn't have gone through. But instead, they would have been replaced with different people, different experiences, and a different life.

This exploration of different universes can not only be explored through past decisions, but current and future decisions that must be made. Our world, our life, is determined by the path we choose to take. You can always decide what you want, but you cannot decide outcomes. We can only choose the path that leads to our desired outcome, but not the outcome itself.

Sometimes, if you want something you have to fight for it. But the difficulty lies in both choosing and following the path. Following a path can be confusing, but ultimately you must evaluate whether it is worth it to stay on the path you took, or if it is the smarter, or more efficient choice, to take a new path.

We don't always get what we want, we cannot control outcomes, but we always stay in control of our own choices, and which path to walk. This is the way I choose to live my life.

I live my life whilst considering a multitude of factors.

  • What do I desire
  • Which path leads to that desire
  • When is it acceptable or worth it to deviate from this path
  • Will I regret the path I chose


I always try to live my life with no regrets, that is one of the most values I hold dear to myself. It is my life's goal. I cannot achieve this goal, but I can constantly strive for it.

This is how I see life.
This is how I live life.

Andre Liu.

No comments:

Post a Comment